Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Book Spine Poetry Contest: Our Finalists

We're pleased to announce the five finalists of our Book Spine Poetry Contest. Congratulations to the poets who made it through the first elimination round.

The Finalists

LoveMyFace:
What if 
the future is not what it used to be?

Who will provide 
art as therapy?

Everyday Mysteries
Looking Out
Looking In

The ethics of identity
The agony and the ecstasy
The best American poetry



Daniel:
School Girls
Girlhood
The world’s youth
If you could be anything, what would it be?
What Matters.



Rida:
Dear life
I’m not crazy I’m just not you
Yesterday, I cried
The future is not what it used to be
Impossible



Ridha:
Ways of dying
Things fall apart

U-turn
Switch
Weep not, child
The beautiful ones
are not
yet
born


Tahani:
Something in the way she moves
I don’t know what to say -
Help
Yesterday, I cried
She’s gone.


Remember that the finalists are determined by the votes of our patrons. Votes can be registered on a white board by our circulation desk or via the comment sections on this blog.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love my face -- "What if . . "