For the Library Faculty, it was moving day as they moved into their new (new to them!) offices on the other side of the Library. Library Faculty can now be found in room 232A -- come visit, we've already decorated!
Other changes are even more dramatic:
- Popular magazines were relocated to the main library level (academic and professional titles remain upstairs).
- Computers in student areas were upgraded to newer, faster models.
- Popular Reading books were moved to the main library level.
- New leather chairs were put in place in the new Library Reading Room.
- Group Study Rooms were prepared for student use in Fall '08.
- A brand new study room was created behind the book stacks, with wired carrels for laptop use.
- Study carrels were re-arranged to provide more spacious & convenient individual study areas throughout the main floor of the Library.
Come and see the transformations happening in Your campus Library.
We still have lots of work to do (group study areas need more thorough renovation, carpet in public areas and office areas needs replacing, the Library is in desperate need of a fresh coat of paint, and we're hoping for more new furniture in the Reading Room and Study Room) but this is a very promising first step!